Day 11 of 12 Days of Last Minute DIY Gifts- FREE Video Tutorials

soup bowl cozy tutorial crafty gemini

I have received hundreds of requests for a bowl cozy video tutorial this year. So, I thought it would only be fitting to include my bowl cozy video tutorial as a part of this 12 Days of Last Minute DIY Gifts video series! Ta-dah! Here it is. In this tutorial I teach you how to make the bowl cozies I prefer for the size and shape and the ones we most often use in our house both for hot and cold bowls. These are great for soups, oatmeal, yogurt and ice cream, etc. We also like to use them for our popcorn bowls when we have movie nights at home. Since all the bowls look the same the bowl cozies help us differentiate between bowls. Kids love having their own bowl cozy made up in fabrics they chose! I hope you like my take on the very popular soup bowl cozy. Enjoy!

Now, enjoy my FREE step-by-step video tutorial on how to make bowl cozies! Happy sewing!

17 Responses to Day 11 of 12 Days of Last Minute DIY Gifts- FREE Video Tutorials

1. garde.onhand December 12, 2017 at 3:14 am #

Love your tutorials
    Could you make a PDF as well
    To copy and save

• Vanessa Vargas Wilson January 25, 2018 at 1:26 pm #

Unfortunately, there just aren’t enough hours in the day for me to offer free video tutorials and PDF patterns. Video is my strong suit so I stick to that.

2. Maureen Henault December 12, 2017 at 6:41 am #

I have made many or these bowl cozies but I definitely like yours better. Love the shape of them. This will be my new bowl cozie pattern from now on! Thanks again.

3. Cindy December 12, 2017 at 6:50 am #

Love this, your a great teacher!

4. Patty Wyatt December 12, 2017 at 9:00 am #

I think I will make some today using Christmas print fabrics. I love your tutorials!

5. Thank you very much. I have been wanting to make these but just hadn’t done it yet, so guess what I am making today? I love your teaching style!Karen December 12, 2017 at 9:17 am #

6. Lisa Dessi December 12, 2017 at 9:38 am #

I love this Idea ! Vanessa your such an Awesome Teacher I belong to a sewing group and I have mentioned you and your awesome tutorials and what a great teacher you are! especially for those who are new to sewing myself I am not very savvy and this helps, you have given so much and I have enjoyed you and your family doing something I always wanted to do *have a farm * God Bless you and your Family ..P.S. I myself Live in North west Florida . Just North of Tampa .. Lisa

7. Nana Phyllis December 12, 2017 at 10:02 am #

So cute and useful! I need to make some for my grands!

8. Donna Malloy December 12, 2017 at 10:11 am #

This is a great tutorial! The best one I have seen yet! I watched her 3D pinwheel block tutorial and have enough blocks made for a twin sized quilt for my granddaughter! Working on the dashing now. It’s beautiful!

9. Judy Becker December 12, 2017 at 12:37 pm #

love it, thanks for posting again.

10. cab December 13, 2017 at 7:03 am #

On the words of baked pot. Embroidered on the bag words only, cotton thread of course to see it up!

11. Rebecca Darker December 13, 2017 at 1:04 pm #

Thank you for sharing this video. Love these bowl cozies shape. I am going to go make some.

12. Susan December 15, 2017 at 5:56 pm #

First BOWL cover. Spell checker. Sigh.

13. Emma Carpenter December 19, 2017 at 11:55 pm #

So different. Thank you for this cute version. I will definitely try a few.

14. nancy December 30, 2017 at 8:41 pm #

Thank you – this will be a great gift!

15. Gwen January 25, 2018 at 1:17 pm #

I really liked your tutorial on the bowl cozy, I know it says to use 100% cotton batting, however many of the batting say 100% does it matter which one I use, because now there is one that says it’s specifically for microwave? A bit more expensive. Just wonder what your thoughts are on this.

• Vanessa Vargas Wilson January 25, 2018 at 1:24 pm #

Hi Gwen! Glad you enjoyed my tutorial. I don’t use a microwave so I can’t speak to your question. Sorry I don’t have more info for you.