I’m 29 today!

Wow! I’m 29 yrs old today, well… yesterday (late blog post).  Like my hubby says, I’m “knockin’ on 30.”  It feels weird but in a good way. I’m very happy with where I am in my life. Loving husband, awesome kiddos, organic farm, doing something I love … Yea, my life is GREAT!

I tried to take a break from the computer today but I just couldn’t.  I was overwhelmed by the email notifications of the hundreds of messages and posts I received from friends, family and followers. WOW! Thank you so much for all the love and support. I really appreciate it.

My mother and youngest sister came to visit and brought some yummy food and gifts for the kids. I cooked a light dinner and for dessert we had a yummy (store-bought) carrot cake.

As far as birthday celebrations go we like to keep it low-key around here and have some good ‘ol family fun!  My son had me cracking up all day today especially with the birthday song he wrote for me.  He grabbed his little guitar and rocked out!

Now, that it’s already after midnight and it’s technically not my birthday anymore I’m off to work on a longarming tutorial in my new (but not totally finished) studio.

Don’t judge. This is a one woman production over here. Something’s got to give.
Have a great weekend!

17 Responses to I’m 29 today!

1. Navy Wifey Peters June 2, 2012 at 12:19 am #

Happy Birthday! I’m also a Gemini, and I also turned 29 a few days ago. Have a great birthday weekend!

2. Polkadot-pretties June 2, 2012 at 3:39 am #

Happy birthday !
    Sound like you had a lovely day!

I turned 30 on Monday !!

Love and hugs

Claire

3. beebee June 2, 2012 at 7:56 am #

Happy Birthday! I pray you have many many more! May God continue to bless you and keep you as sweet as you are always.
    I’ve watched so many of your little videos that I feel as though I know you personally.

hugs from south Louisiana
    beebee

4. Marian June 2, 2012 at 2:50 pm #

¡Muchas felicidades! Que cumplas muchos más. Y que nosotros lo veamos.
    Un besazo, guapa.

5. Alisha @ Crafty Brooklyn Army Wife June 2, 2012 at 4:16 pm #

Happy Birthday!! Hope you have a wonderful weekend.

6. a1angiem June 2, 2012 at 5:00 pm #

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I just finished the little make-up bag. Still had trouble with that darn zipper (I made your wristlet too)…it was better, but not perfect (there was a gap at the end of the zipper – I just zig-zaged over it). Have a wonderful day!

7. Barbara June 2, 2012 at 5:29 pm #

Buon compleanno anche dall’Italia. Tanti complimenti a tuo figlio splendido e simpatico come la mamma
    Happy birthday from Italy. Congratulations to your son, beautiful and nice like Mom.
    Ciao

8. Barbara June 2, 2012 at 5:30 pm #

Ciao

9. Nonnie Quilting Dreams June 2, 2012 at 6:53 pm #

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU… from another Gemini who shares this birth-date with you! You just have to add another 32 years to age and we could be sisters.

Happy Quilting

Nonnie

10. Aixza June 2, 2012 at 10:46 pm #

Felicidades maja! I thought you were much younger…like early to mid 20’s! I hope you had a wonderful birthday and that all your wishes come true. Blessings to you and your family. XO

11. Anonymous June 2, 2012 at 11:54 pm #

I pray you have a year of happiness and good health and many blessings .

Blessings, love, hugs n prayers, Dawn ;o)

12. Sandra B.D. June 3, 2012 at 12:11 am #

Muchísimas felicidades por tu cumpleaños!!!!! Y a la vez contarte que te descubrí hace poco y he quedado encantada con tus tutoriales!!! Ademas agradecerte por tu preocupación y deferencia al hacerlos también en español. Te pasaste!!! Eres un amor de persona!! Y ademas tienes un hijo muy vivaz y hermoso!! Saludos desde Chile!!!

13. Veronica June 3, 2012 at 8:18 am #

Bueno , un muy feliz cumpleaños atrasado !!!! jejejej recien hoy entro aqui,me encanta visitarte.Te felicito eres muy enprendedora me gusto mucho tu trabajo de reciclar lo de Coca Cola!!!!!Un cariño desde Argentina , te pondre en mi blog.

14. Barbara OC June 3, 2012 at 7:55 pm #

Happy Birthday Vanessa, and many, many more.

Barbara

15. quilt happy June 3, 2012 at 8:07 pm #

happy birthday

16. Anonymous June 4, 2012 at 8:56 am #

Happy belated b-day. We are all happy you are in this world to share your creativity with us!

17. Farid aka BIG MOMMA June 5, 2012 at 1:17 am #

Still a spring chicken Vanessa!