Are you a fan of 10” squares, but feel limited by fabric stacks in all one size? Layer cakes are convenient, but you either waste fabric creating unique blocks (and then have to buy more fabric) or are limited to solid squares or half-square triangles.
You need a quilting ruler designed specifically to make the most out of your pre-cuts!
For our most basic block design the Crafty Gemini 10” Slicer uses every inch of your ten square, and it offers tons of exciting design options. Simply line up your square, slice along the angle, and insert a fabric strip of your choice! From this basic block, you can create lots of different quilt designs. Alternate the slash direction for a unique chevron pattern, or slash each block twice for a modern spin on a slice-and-insert quilt. How you choose to position your blocks and play with negative space gives you plenty of possibilities to spice up your 10” squares.
But the best part about the 10” Slicer is that it provides the cutting ease of a template with all the features and versatility of a quilting ruler. The easy-to-read markings and reference points are fantastic for measuring and trimming, and its shorter side measures 2.5” for cutting binding strips. Need to square up your blocks? Use the 90º angle to trim off any excess fabric. If you only use pre-cuts occasionally (or not at all), the Slicer can also easily be used on 10” strips of yardage.
Pro tip: Keep yours close by the cutting table – no matter what project you’re working on,
you’ll be reaching for your Slicer all the time.
READ WHAT QUILTERS ARE SAYING ABOUT THE 10″ SLICER:
• The 10″ slicer is awesome. I so appreciate a template that has a lot of versility in its use along with its creative potential. I used the “slicer” to square up a quilt yesterday and the process, especially for me, made the task so much easier, and though we don’t like to use the word “perfect” when referring to quilts, my corners are perfect. smile emoticon If you haven’t purchased the slicer or you on the fence or you are thinking that it’s just another template, it’s not; think about what is on the market regarding templates- it’s basically for one use, it’s shape when it’s applied to its specific pattern and when you compare the “slicer” you will realize it’s potential is one of its best features. You will use it over and over and over again in different capacities. – Sarah S.
• This is such a great addition to my ruler collection. Vanessa planned the markings so we can use it as a ruler AND a slicer. I’ve cut 10″ squares so easily with this ruler and even made a zip pouch with the fabric after I put it back together.- Mary K.
• I have a lot of rulers and templates and the CG Slicer is going to the top of my list. Vanessa planned the shape and markings so well it’s very versatile. All while keeping the cost lower than other templates of this size and smaller.– Denise H.
• I love using my 10″ slicer. I use it mostly as a ruler to cut my fabric into squares. The 1/4″, 1/2″ etc. marks are so clear and easy to see when laying on your fabric. I also like the size as it is not bulking like a 10″ square. Nicely done. – Fran M.
• Love the endless possibilities you have with it, and very light to use as a go to ruler. – Carla L.
• I got my 10″ slicer in the Quilty Box and I love it. Just finished a pillow and am now working on a quilt. It was so nice to have tutorials to teach me new techniques. Vanessa has a great teaching style and made it easy to learn. Can’t wait for more templates to come out. – Staci S.
• I absolutely LOVE your template Vanessa! I love that it utilizes all of the fabric in a 10″ square with no waste! I also use it for other projects. The 2 1/2″ ruler top is perfect when I’m making microwave bowl pot holders! I love rulers that serve more than 1 purpose, and yours certainly does! Your ruler lives on my table because I reach for it so much!! Love it!! Kelley H.
• I have mine! It is great value for money. Templates this large are often over 20 USD and this one does double duty as a ruler. – Biz B.
• I’ve found this ruler to be great for making 2.5″ strips and for squaring up!! Can’t wait for more CG rulers!! Great price too!!! Pat A.
• Love my Slicer! I’m planning to make some striped quilt binding with it. The sections will be evenly spaced and the stripes as wide as I want them to be. Very versatile tool. – Wanda G.
• I got it in the Quilty Box and made a great quilt for a friend. I love using it as a ruler as well. – Fernanda M.
• I received mine from the first batch! Not only is this template good for the slice block, 2 1/2 inch strips, squaring up blocks, I also use it as a ruler! It is great for smaller pieces of fabric and you don’t have to buy the smaller templates, rulers. – Sherry W.
• You can’t beat the price! Most folks charge us quilters double of what this one costs and then sometimes you can only do one thing with that template. Not this one! Not only did I make the 10″ slicer squares, I used it to square up my blocks and then I made 2.5″ strips for my binding. Now,that’s getting my money’s worth! – Gabi P.
• Made in the USA!! Thank you for helping grow our economy and showing that the American worker is unmatched in the world. smile emoticon That having been said, I LOVE my slicer. Simple to use, no confusing linesto wonder what to do with or have to read a pamphlet on how to use. GREAT for straightening edges, measuring (perfect for a ruler) and FUN to design different blocks with. Thanks Vanessa, a template that makes sense. – Donna N.
Quilting Carolyn –
Boooooo! I didn’t get to read my Friday emails til today, Sunday, 29 th. Sold out ruler. I missed the first production of this ad/ruler. I put myself on the list for your next supply and I hope I can still get it for $14.95 + $3 shipping?
Love ur utubes, emails and projects.
Vanessa Vargas Wilson –
Hi Carolyn, sorry you missed out on the first run. I will be keeping the price the same for the next run so stay tuned! We will reach out when we have those in stock. Thanks for you interest in my ruler!
Marijke Madder –
Looks like I missed this to, can you put me on the list for the next time, I live in England
Thank you so much
Vanessa Vargas Wilson –
Sure! Be sure to fill out this form so we have your info as soon as they are back in stock: http://goo.gl/forms/JbbWdnGF9Q
lydia jimenez –
I missed this as well…so bummed…
I missed it also! Haven’t had a chance to be on the computer all weekend until tonight!
Ma Casey (verified owner) –
Ordered on Friday, had it on Monday! FAST service and I thank you so much. I have so MANY precuts in front of me and now to CHOOSE which one! (and find the time for one MORE ‘new project’….you ALL know how that goes! LOVE IT!)
Carol (verified owner) –
Wow, I ordered Fri evening and it’s here already! I can not believe the fast shipping. I can not wait to start a new project. Thank you Vanessa!
Jackye Allen-Robinson –
Love your videos, put myself on the wait list…..looking forward to being able try out your newest invention, I am positive that it is awesome. Merry Christmas!
Louise Bentham –
I’ve put myself on your wait list and do so hope that I will be lucky. We have nothing like this in England, I’m sure you could do a lot of business here. Your tutorials on You Tube are wonderful, please keep up the good work.
Barbara H. (verified owner) –
I love my 10″ Slicer! I hope you have some patterns coming out to go with it.
Claire Roberts –
I am interested in 10in and 5in please Vanesa. X
Maureen Henault (verified owner) –
I love my 10 inch slicer template, I would like the 5″ also. It’s so much fun! I like it with the baticks as well as regular cottons.
Hi Vanessa, I tried to purchase today, but could not add my credit card info.
I would love to get one of these, but now your price has gone up already. This is the first time I am even seeing this, but would like to know if I could possible get it for the $14.95 and $3 shipping? Being on a fixed income really stinks.
Vanessa Vargas Wilson –
Hi Barbara. Please watch the video for the explanation on the increased costs.
Glad I got mine..when “the gettin’ was good”!
When I got this slicer I first thought well I’ll use it for the class, it might be good for 2 1/2″ strips…… But I really think it’s becoming my favorite template ruler. So many things to make with it. First I sliced the 10″ squares for the class, no waste at all. Then I used it with 5″ charms, but made 2 slices, made a cute pillow top that I didn’t even get a picture of before my daughter took it home with her. I had 4 yards of fabric that I made quick work of by cutting them into 2 1/2″ strips. What I love about this template ruler is that there is no waste, and it makes the cutting and sewing so quick.
Janice Dinse –
I really love my 10″ Slicer. I made a quilt out of just one pack of layer cakes. It is beautiful, fast, easy and looks so good. Thank you Vanessa.
I have made a great quilt with the slicer but do not see how to post a picture. Help!