Hand Embroidery Video Tutorial: Running Stitch

Hand Embroidery Video Series #3 how to do a running stitch

[Disclaimer: Some of the links included in this post are affiliate links. That means if you click on them and make a purchase I will receive compensation for the referral. Thanks for you support!]
If you are following along with my new hand embroidery video series here is Video #3! In this video, I jump right in and teach you how to do the running stitch. It’s the perfect stitch for beginners to start with.
Some notes on this video:

• The fabric I use is Osnaburg (100% cotton) fabric.

• The 100% cotton craft thread I used is this one: DMC Prism Craft Thread.
• The book I like to use for small beginner designs is called Indygo Junction’s Stitched Style.
• To mark my line I use a water soluble marking pen like this one: EZ Quilting Water Soluble Marking Pen.
• The wooden embroidery hoops can be found at any crafting store or online HERE. And now I’ll leave you with Video #3 of my Hand Embroidery Video Series! Enjoy!{P.S.- You can always click HERE to access all the videos in this series. As I add new ones they will be archived HERE. }

6 Responses to Hand Embroidery Video Tutorial: Running Stitch

1. iHanna September 14, 2015 at 10:38 am #

I love embroidery and do a lot of free hand sewing and stitching, so I think this video series is an awesome idea! Thanks for putting it together so that more people can learn this awesome art and craft form!

2. Marilyn Kolako October 14, 2015 at 5:31 pm #

Hi Vanessa

You are such a joy to watch, I learned of you from one the ladies that I watch on youtube Dana Pittman, who is also a joy to watch. Now, I’ve been thinking of embroidery stitching as well, I love and want to learn so many things., currently I crochet, learning to knit, I have a sewing machine but I just look at it because my mom gave it to me and it’s old, I think it works, but I don’t know how to thread it and no one on youtube has the one that I have, so there’s no help for me in that area.

It is a heavy duty sewing machine, it’s a Euro Pro Solid Metal Construction. Anyway I’ll tell you all the things I want to learn are pottery making, painting. along with what I do and am learning to do. Anyways I’m on my way. So let’s goooo Marilyn

3. Gina Tonici October 26, 2015 at 12:52 pm #

Can’t wait for the next embroidery tutorial!

4. Gina Tonici October 30, 2015 at 12:32 pm #

I was enjoying very much the video series on embroidery. Will it continue eventually?

5. Lori November 16, 2015 at 5:54 pm #

What needle do you prefer for your embroidery? I’ve struggled to find a needle with a large enough eye and sharp enough point that doesn’t leave large holes or get stuck in denser fabrics (batiks).

6. Christina L. Rainey December 5, 2015 at 9:04 am #

thanks for share
    I like embroidery and I also bought a machine embroidery to work