These pillowcases are great quick & easy projects you can make to donate to charities. You may already be familiar with the 1 million pillowcase challenge which is being hosted by American Patchwork & Quilting. For more info click HERE.
Happy New Year!!
Today I had a chance to sit back and really absorb everything that has happened in my life in 2011. It has really been an amazing year. It really seem unreal when I write it all out. Here’s a quick recap in the order it all happened….
– Had an original quilt block published and featured on the cover of Quiltmaker’s 100 Blocks, Vol. 3
– I won $35,000 as a winner of YouTube’s NextUp Contest
– Was interviewed by multiple newspapers, journals, television stations and online radio stations
– Featured in the New York Times
– Invited to be a speaker at 3 different national conferences
– Launched my mobile app for Android and iPhones
– Bought a house on 5 acres of luscious Florida real estate to start the homestead of our dreams
– Was featured on ABC’s 20/20
– Welcomed a big, beautiful & healthy baby girl into our family
– Had my crafting studio installed on our property
– Started our organic fall garden and welcomed 3 hens and a rooster to the family
– Joined STITCHED 2012 as a online video instructor
…and that’s just some of the fabulous things that happened in 2011!
I am truly blessed to be doing something I love so much and still being able to stay home and raise my kids the way I’ve always wanted for to. Thank you all so much for your support and kind words. I could not have came so far with my little video tutorials if it was not for you! I appreciate all your comments and suggestions and know that I read and try to respond to every single one.
I have a lot more exciting projects and workshops planned for 2012 and I hope you will stick around to enjoy them with me.
To kickstart the year I leave you with the first tutorial of 2012: