We got our farm house!

Remember in January of this year when I blogged about the plans we had for 2011? One of the things on our list was getting a little farm house so we could move out to the country.  Well, yesterday afternoon we closed on the little farm house of my dreams!
A chunky 5.02 acres of land with a cute little 3bd/2ba home and a salt water pool.

I am excited to get it all painted and finished up inside and start getting some animals.  Definitely on the list are chickens, goats and another dog. We’ll see what else we get once we get established.  We won’t be moving in until after I have baby #2 (a few more weeks).  I’m also going to have a lot of work to do to get a nice big vegetable and herb garden growing here.  Some plants that were already on the property are these two pecan trees and the Muscadine grapevine behind them. There are also banana plants, strawberries, etc.

The previous owners used to have a garden with a little irrigation system in the area below so I may look into planting some raised square foot gardens here.

Some of you may be wondering where I will be doing my sewing and quilting… well, we’ve decided to have an outdoor shed/cottage built just for my crafting and video filming.  I can’t wait for that too!  My own secluded space to CREATE! With a new farm house, a new baby girl, and my own creative studio I am sure I will have tons of inspiration for more projects and tutorials so this will be great for you too!

I’ll keep you posted on the changes and additions to our farm home! This is such an exciting time for our little family!

, , , ,

21 Responses to We got our farm house!

1. ga447 August 11, 2011 at 9:06 am #

This is most exciting – you will be in heaven. I am so happy for you and your family. Rest up before baby is coming.

2. Anonymous August 11, 2011 at 9:47 am #

You well do deserve this farm house and more…u are a great woman..ur young and not too many women ur age have a good head on their shoulders like u do…ur a good mom,wife and that is what is most important….very very happy for u and ur family!
    lruk831@yahoo.com

3. Lee Ann August 11, 2011 at 9:52 am #

I have a touch of envy. Dan and I have been looking for a very long time for a house with a bit of land.

4. Charleen August 11, 2011 at 10:03 am #

Congratulations! It’s beautiful. Isn’t it wonderful when you see your hard work and planning come to fruition?

5. Mrs. Sassy Crafter (Fabi) August 11, 2011 at 10:26 am #

Vanessa I love the house!!!! so good to be out in the country, breathing fresh air and being in contact with nature, I love it!!!! Congratulations =0)

6. Regina August 11, 2011 at 2:18 pm #

Congratulations!!!

7. Anonymous August 11, 2011 at 4:12 pm #

Congratulations!! You are lucky to have such a beautiful farm house.

8. Pam August 11, 2011 at 5:15 pm #

Congratulations! What an exciting time in your life for you. I was raised on a farm in PA-it was a great experience.

9. Evita August 12, 2011 at 6:24 am #

I’m so happy for you, seeing your dream come true.
    I could already see chickens running around there.
    Definitely have a raised garden. Many positive things about that. May G’d continue to bless you and the family. Very, very careful with that pool. Evita

10. Claudia August 12, 2011 at 7:51 am #

Congratulations!!!
    What a beatifull place!!

11. Janice August 12, 2011 at 3:56 pm #

So excited for you to get your house in the country. I am not all about farm animals, but I do love having room to roam, have a garden and not be able to see my neighbors(or have them see me) from my front porch. Congratulations!

12. Nicole Reed August 15, 2011 at 12:29 am #

it looks awesome….i love living in the country…but we had to move for my daughters education so we are living in town now….You won’t know yourself with all the space and fresh air….it is the best experience for kids to…to know where their food comes from is the greatest gift we can give them :)…..I’m just so excited for you and your family….

13. Anonymous August 16, 2011 at 1:59 am #

Congrats..please post pics as you paint and make changes. We wanna see!

14. jzzy55 August 16, 2011 at 10:10 pm #

Soooo sweet! Looks like a perfect family house. And a salt water pool — never heard of that, must be a Florida thing? (In my next life I will have a pool…).
    My machine quilters (mother/daughter) have their business in a converted garage and it works very nicely for them (heated and cooled, of course).
    We get eggs from someone’s home chickens and they are the best. And your husband will surely have fun with all the new toys he’s gonna have to buy to maintain all that acreage, am I right?

15. naturallyfamous August 31, 2011 at 12:01 pm #

I’m so happy for you V! I knew took you as to be a farm girl but we must be life twins because I want out of South Florida and into the country! For sure! FH and I have a few plans and we can’t wait to get it done! God bless!

16. naturallyfamous August 31, 2011 at 12:04 pm #

By the way, what u plan on doing w/ that goat?!

1. Garden Blog Hop- Mod Mushrooms - Crafty Gemini - December 1, 2014

[…] cute are my little Mod Mushrooms? With the purchase of our new farm house we have started a veggie garden and I’m still in the process of getting some oak logs cut and […]

2. Fall garden anyone? - Crafty Gemini - December 1, 2014

[…] have been super busy moving into the new farmhouse… well, maybe not “we.”  It’s been more like my DH moving everything by […]

3. Chickens and Buckwheat - Crafty Gemini - December 1, 2014

[…] I’ve been busy doing…. farm stuff!  It’s been a year since we bought our 5-acre homestead out in the middle of the country here in North Central Florida and we are very happy with the […]

4. Baby Burp Cloth Tutorial & Bias Tape Maker GIVEAWAY! - Crafty Gemini - December 1, 2014

[…] of all…. a HUGE thank you to everyone who wrote me about our farm house post last week! We are so excited with our new little homestead and all the adventures that are sure to […]

5. Easy Pillowcase- DIY Video Tutorial - Crafty Gemini - December 2, 2014

[…] at 3 different national conferences – Launched my mobile app for Android and iPhones – Bought a house on 5 acres of luscious Florida real estate to start the homestead of our dreams – Was featured on ABC’s […]