Episode #3: Southwestern Chicken Quesadillas

I stay plenty busy with a 7 month old baby boy (who just started pulling himself up into a standing position), teaching four law classes at the local college, and doing all my Crafty Gemini stuff.  I have some pretty good excuses to keep me from cooking dinner every night… but since I love to cook I do exactly what I do with my sewing…. MAKE THE TIME!!  Granted, I can’t make 2 uninterrupted hours magically appear in the middle of my day but what I can do is come up with quick and easy meals to make for my family.

If you are reading this and asking yourself… how the heck does she make the time?!  I’m here to help you!  Episode #3 of the Crafty Gemini Show takes place in the Crafty Cocina (kitchen in spanish) where I show you how to make my Southwestern Chicken Quesadillas.  This recipe is completely interchangeable and lends itself nicely to any ingredients you want to include or leave out.  This is a favorite in our home especially for the really hectic days.

I literally take the chicken from the freezer to the dinner table in less than 15 minutes! Watch Episode #3 and learn how!

p.s.- You can make a vegetarian version by just leaving out the chicken.  :o)

Let me know what ingredients you used to make your quesadillas… I’m always looking for new things to try!

, , , , , , , , , , , ,

15 Responses to Episode #3: Southwestern Chicken Quesadillas

1. Anonymous April 20, 2010 at 8:45 am #

I can’t wait to try this sounds so gooooooddddd
    thanks for sharing this. I also love your tato on your arm cool!
    Charlotte From Oklahoma

2. Anonymous May 2, 2010 at 7:39 pm #

I saw this video today and it looked so yummy that I went and bought what I needed. It was delicious!! I added lemon pepper in the end. Thanks for sharing this recipe!

Junice from Ohio

3. Anonymous May 13, 2010 at 3:52 pm #

Vanessa, this looks delicious! I love your tutorials and your site. Good for you!!!!!

Lynn, Pensacola

4. Crafty Gemini May 13, 2010 at 4:33 pm #

Thank you, ladies!! Glad you liked it! It’s so easy and we whip them up in no time! :o)

5. Anonymous May 23, 2010 at 3:10 am #

Hi Vanessa,

It’s 8am here in England and I really don’t know how I ended up watching your great cooking demo. as I originally started browsing the net for sewing tips. Nonetheless, I enjoyed your cooking so much I am about to take some chicken out of my freezer to give your recipe a go. Am I right in thinking Cilantro is Coriander to us brits.

I am absolutely hooked on your tutorials. Keep them coming and all the best.

Jane (England)

6. Crafty Gemini May 23, 2010 at 3:14 am #

Jane:
    Thank you so much for your kind words! I’m glad you found ALL my tutorials. I am so pleased to hear you enjoy them and are learning new things form them. :o)

Yes, Cilantro is coriander.

I will keep the tutorials coming… stay tuned!!

THANK YOU!

7. Rebecca-Rose September 21, 2010 at 10:36 pm #

Hi Your tutorials are great!Your recipes are about to hit our family table here in Australia! I too found you via sewing tutes on youtube! Am so glad I found you! YOu truly are in inspiring! Thankyou!

8. Crafty Gemini September 21, 2010 at 10:47 pm #

Rebecca-Rose: That’s so good to hear! Hope you all enjoy them! :o)

9. GennieG March 23, 2012 at 3:10 pm #

I am new to your blog! I love it here! I think you’re great! I made these for my family the other night and they loved them! I finally got it right. Thank you so much for sharing all you do. I also want to say that I took sewing lessons for 4 weeks and didn’t get it and I gave up but then I came across your video the other day and it clicked and I got more from your video in that short amount of time then I did for 8 hours total. Your teaching style is wonderful. I can’t tell you how much appreciate you.
    Blessings!

• Crafty Gemini March 25, 2012 at 12:38 am #

That’s great to hear! I’m glad to help. Thanks for stopping by to comment. I really appreciate it! :o)

10. Farid aka BIG MOMMA March 27, 2012 at 8:26 pm #

Vanessa you are an inspirational!!

11. Anonymous January 28, 2013 at 3:06 am #

Hi Vanessa,
    These look very delicious and I would love to try them but, I am allergic to black beans. Is their another kind of beans that you can recommend.
    Thanks, Alleta

12. Lynn ann Lassen December 12, 2013 at 8:34 pm #

Hi Vanessa, Glad to find this tutorial as I have been experimenting with latin dishes. Must give it a try without the cheese (dairy allergy). Hope to meet you sometime in Cootie Coo Creations.