It’s time to put your basic knitting skills to use and make a fun & practical project!
I designed this Grid Stitch Dishcloth pattern to help beginners practice their knit and purl stitches while giving me the opportunity to teach you an increase and decrease stitch! As usual, I filmed a video tutorial for you to walk through the overall construction of the washcloth, recap some knitting basics and show you how to work a kfb (knit front & back) increase and the k2tog (knit two stitches together) decrease. If you can do that then you can make this textured dishcloth… in any size!
The pattern was designed for you to make this project any size you want because it’s knit from one corner to the other. As you can see below I make smaller ones for washing my face or removing makeup and the larger ones are great for use as dishcloths or wash cloths. No matter the size they making great gifts for just about anyone!
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO KNIT THE GRID STITCH DISHCLOTH:
- FREE PDF Pattern
- Video tutorial for tips & tricks
- Cotton yarn
- Knitting needles (can be straight or circulars) size varies on what gauge you want. Watch video tutorial for details.
- Yarn needle for weaving in ends
We put together a limited number of kits for those of you who may be having a tough time sourcing the supplies or just want a one-stop shop for everything you need to make this project.
•FREE SHIPPING in the U.S. (International customers will be invoiced for shipping cost before order goes out. )
• A pair of ChiaoGoo Premium Bamboo Straight Needles 9″ (23cm) in US Size 8 (5mm)
• Two 55g balls of cotton yarn in assorted color ways
• One Exclusive 6″ x 8″ Crafty Gemini cotton canvas drawstring project bag
• One metal yarn needle
• One collectible Crafty Gemini sticker
Watch the FREE video tutorial below!