I’m kicking off another 12 Days of Last Minute DIY Gifts Video Series today with a quick & easy yarn project! That means that starting today I will post one FREE video tutorial on a quick project you can whip up just in time for holiday gift giving!
My daughter and I enjoy wearing headbands all the time! I think mostly because we both love rockin’ pops of color in pretty much everything we wear!
If you have any left over balls of yarn from other projects this is a fast way to use it up.
You can watch the step-by-step video tutorial on how to make this crochet headband below. I also have a video tutorial to teach you how to crochet a little flower. Adding that little embellishment is a fun way to add a little something else to an otherwise simple headband. Enjoy!
I’ve also included the complete pattern for this crochet headband for you below the video including different suggested lengths to make it for Adult, Child and Baby.
Quickie Crochet Headband Pattern:
Notes: Ch=Chain stitch, Hdc= half double crochet stitch
Yarn: Worsted weight (#4)
Hook Size: US J/ 6.0mm
• Chain 8
• Row 1: Hdc in 3rd chain from hook, and in each remaining chain across row. Ch 2, turn your work. (Total of 6 hdc in the row)
• Row 2: Hdc in the back loop of the first stitch and repeat for remaining stitches in row. Ch 2, turn your work.
• Row 3+: Repeat Row 2 until you reach your desired length. Fasten off. Connect the two ends giving one end a twist before seaming together and weaving in ends.
• Suggested length by size: Adult: 17″ -18″, Child: 14″- 15″ , Baby: 10″ -11″
• **Optional: Add a flower embellishment to the headband. FREE Video tutorial for crochet flower can be seen HERE.