DIY Scissors Keeper – Video Tutorial

DIT Scissors Keeper Video Tutorial by Crafty Gemini

This week’s tutorial is super quick and easy! I came up with this little scissors keeper/case/shield project to help label and distinguish between my paper and fabric scissors. They are especially handy when I travel with my supplies.

Have you ever had someone grab your fabric cutting shears and use them to cut paper, open a package of batteries or something else?! I’m sure you can relate! So…… this is a great way to label your scissors so everyone knows which is which. This also helps protect your clothes, projects, and anything else you put in your bags when you travel to a class, retreat, or to a sew day with friends. It’s a great scrap busting project and you can whip these up in just minutes! It would also make a great little swap gift for a crafty friend!

If you enjoyed this tutorial be sure to SUBSCRIBE to my YouTube channel so you don’t miss out on any future tutorials!

Feel free to share this post or video with your friends and remember to Pin it! I love Pins!

Leave me a comment and let me know what you think of this project and/or tutorial! I love to hear from you!

Happy sewing!

scissors keeper diy video tutorial by crafty gemini

Label your shears!

CLICK HERE TO WATCH THE TUTORIAL!

{P.S.- There are still spots in my first-ever Crafty Gemini Quilting Cruise! The dates are Oct. 23-30, 2016. Click HERE for the details! It’s going to be AMAZING!}

14 Responses to DIY Scissors Keeper – Video Tutorial

1. Jackie M. August 3, 2015 at 1:10 pm #

Vanessa, just love your video tutorials for the cute sewing extras you have been making, ex. scissor covers, bowls, etc. Handy items for the sewing room and kitchen. Thanks again.

• MT Lynn August 3, 2015 at 2:55 pm #

I don’t seem to have a thumbs up button on either this site or your CG Creates site. So, I’ll just say good tutorial – the video quality is especially good!

2. Laurie August 3, 2015 at 7:00 pm #

Hi Vanessa,
    I just listened to the podcast interview you did with Abby G. and I loved it! Thanks for sharing your enthusiasm and encouragement! and, I just got some new scissors, so I will try this project! Thanks again for sharing!

3. Jeanne August 3, 2015 at 8:44 pm #

Love this! At my house it is known that you do not touch the scissors in my studio! Since my son was 3 he has he his own scissors and access to others in the house. Now my grandson at 5 has been trained in proper use of scissors, and has been given his first pair of scissors, even he knows to not touch my studio scissors!

4. Cynthia August 4, 2015 at 6:52 pm #

Off topic question. Vanessa do you own a vintage singer treadle machine that is human powered? I”m looking into purchasing one. Never know when or if the electricity ever went out. I would hate to not be able to sew and I’ve always wanted to sew on one of these old machines.

Cynthia

5. Pat August 5, 2015 at 2:54 am #

Thanks Venessa, I look forward to all your videos there is always something there that I like & have a crack at, I must be doing something good as my family & friends always admire it.
    Thanks keep them coming.
    Pat

6. Aida August 11, 2015 at 12:00 pm #

The box with information on where to purchase the foam was not listed at the bottom of the tut.
    All my friends who saw my repost laughed cause the know what stickler I am about my scissors.

7. Margaret Williams August 22, 2015 at 4:45 pm #

Thanks, Vanessa! My very first CG project and I love it! Just getting back into sewing after a 40-year hiatus so I needed something not too challenging. I think now I will adapt this idea to making a sheath for my rotary cutter. You inspire me!

• Aida Rizzo August 22, 2015 at 8:11 pm #

Never found the information that you said would be posted at the bottom. So far I am
      unable to find the “foam” you used. I could make lots of these. Like the one for the
      rotary cutter.

• Profile photo of Vanessa Vargas Wilson
        Vanessa Vargas Wilson August 24, 2015 at 11:37 am #

The link is underneath the video player in YOUTUBE. If you are watching the video here on my blog you will need to click on the video title to watch it in YouTube. Here is the link that is displayed there: http://bit.ly/InRFormPlus_MSQC

• Aida Rizzo August 24, 2015 at 4:18 pm #

Thank you and Happy Craftying.

8. Dawn September 17, 2015 at 2:31 pm #

Hi Vanessa. Looking forward to making the scissor cover but what I could really use is a tutorial for making cast iron pan handle covers. I have recently started using these pans and I love them but the handles get really hot! Do you have a tutorial for those by any chance? Thanks for your wonderful tutorials btw I find them very inspiring.

1. Tutorial: Scissor sleeves with labels so you’ll know if they’re for paper or fabric – Sewing - August 5, 2015

[…] DIY Scissors Keeper – Video Tutorial, by Crafty Gemini […]