Jeans Making Intensive with Lauren Taylor: Jan. 24-26, 2020
Sew Your Own Jeans Weekend Workshop
Date & Time:
Friday, January 24th: 2PM – 6PM
Saturday, January 25th: 10AM – 5PM, 1 hour lunch included
Sunday, January 26th: 10AM – 5PM, 1 hour lunch included
Location: Crafty Gemini Shop & Studio, 501F NW 23rd Ave, Gainesville, FL 32615 (Click to view locale in Google Maps)
Instructor: Lauren Taylor, Lladybird.com
Lauren Taylor is a sewing enthusiast and rad sewing instructor based in Nashville, TN. 100% self taught, Lauren has been sewing for most of her life and makes almost all of her clothing. In addition to teaching sewing classes and workshops, Lauren also works professionally in wardrobe and alterations for commercials and celebrities. Lauren blogs for the Mood Sewing Network and through her own website.
About the Class
Take your sewing to the next level and make your own custom jeans! While sewing jeans seems like it would be scary and hard, it doesn’t have to be – and instructor Lauren Taylor is going to show you just how easy (and fun!) it can be! Prior sewing experience is required to take this class. You must be comfortable threading and operating a sewing machine.
Please note that while this is not a pants-fitting class, Lauren will cover basic flat pattern alterations and minor fitting adjustments as needed for each body. Prior sewing experience is required to take this class. You must be comfortable threading and operating a sewing machine.
Students will learn step-by-step how to make jeans using the Ginger Jeans pattern by Closet Case Patterns, or the Ames Jeans pattern by Cashmerette. Lauren will go over everything you need to know to make a professional looking pair of jeans, including:
- choosing the correct size
- tips for accurate top stitching
- serged seam finishes
- an easy fly front-zipper
- installing hardware
Class fee includes:
- 16 hours of class time spread out over three days
- The use of our class sewing machines (Juki DX-5) and tools – there is no need for you to bring anything!
- One Jeans sewing pattern per student: Closet Case Patterns Ginger Jeans (sizes 0-20) OR Cashmerette Ames Jeans (sizes 12-28).
- Stretch denim fabric for one pair of jeans. (Approx ~2.5 yards)
- Lightweight fusible interfacing
- Topstitching thread- 1 spool
- Rivets for one pair of jeans
- One jeans button
- One 9” brass jeans zipper per student
- One denim sewing machine needle, size 90/14
- 1 spool of quality 100% polyester thread per student.
- Refreshments and snacks on all three days.
- Registered students will receive a 15% discount for anything they purchase from us during the jeansmaking weekend!
NOTE: Meals will not be provided. There are several restaurants nearby and food delivery services that will deliver to the shop.
Lodging will not be provided. If you will be visiting Gainesville please map out the shop location to determine how far you will be staying.
Questions? E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please read our class policies before signing up. Click here to go to our class policies page.
By registering for this course, you agree to the information listed within our class policies page.
2 in stock