Intro to Sewing for Adults- Sunday, June 30th 11am-1pm
• Sunday, June 30th from 11:00am- 1:00pm
Classes are taught at the Crafty Gemini’s Shop & Studio: 501F NW 23rd Ave, Gainesville, FL 32609. Located next to Ward’s Supermarket.
Level: Adult Beginner
No experience needed.
We provide everything- fabric, tools, notions, patterns, etc.
No sewing machine needed. We provide loaner sewing machines for each student. If you own your own sewing machine in good working condition feel free to bring it to class to use.
Intro to Sewing Course content to include:
- Sewing machine overview
- Machine parts & function
- Threading machine
- How to wind & install a bobbin
- Sewing machine needle basics
- Basic info on thread selection for projects
- How to follow a seam guide and sew straight
- Understanding stitch length & width
- How to make a simple hem
- How to sew & pivot at corners
- Importance of pressing fabric
6 in stock