Reversible Round Basket- Video Tutorial

reversible round baskets crafty gemini

Today I’m sharing with you my new video tutorial for cute reversible and round fabric baskets. It seems little organizers are trending in the interwebs these days so I thought I would share this project with you. It’s a great scrap buster for using up orphan layer cake (10″ x 10″) squares of fabric. You only need a few supplies and they whip up ridiculously easy.

CLICK HERE TO WATCH THE VIDEO TUTORIAL.

Now, one thing to note- gathering two layers of fabric AND a layer of batting can be tricky but if you follow the tips and tricks I share with you in this video tutorial you will be good to go! Give it a try! I think you will find dozens of uses for these little baskets in your home or sewing space. They make great gifts too!

If you enjoy the project please remember to share it with your friends and family!

I’d also love for you to Pin it! We love pins. Thanks for your support! Happy sewing!

{P.S.- If you’re wondering what you would use these for at the end of the tutorial I share several of my favorite uses for it. I think you’ll get some good ideas from those! Click to watch the tutorial.}

9 Responses to Reversible Round Basket- Video Tutorial

1. craftygramma July 15, 2015 at 4:40 pm #

Vanessa-
    We love these! So cute, or Sew cute!

My 6 yr old granddaughter will probably make one or two next week, as will I.
    I just got her a little Janome and she has already made a shirt, pillowcase, skirt, quilt row (tumblers) and a thread catcher (but she likes yours now)! She loves to watch your kids.

thanks for your inspiration
    cg

ps- threads from the baskets should go into the trees for the birds, not the trash! Just sayin’.
    (Sarah, Plain and Tall says so)

2. Lisa July 15, 2015 at 6:40 pm #

I love making these little baskets. You can make them in three sizes (so they nest) using our free tutorial.

3. carolyn July 17, 2015 at 8:39 am #

I love the way you teach.You have a lot of patience.You do so well.Thanks so much

4. Nellie July 19, 2015 at 11:51 am #

Very very cute and clever. I really enjoy your explaination of th project you are showing . Very clear to understand your describing the step by step process. I love your website and you are “cute”. I also love hearing your farm animals in the background as I hear those same sounds at my house as my neighbors hav chickens n goats n sheep n 1 donkey and 1 cow!

5. Alana July 19, 2015 at 3:24 pm #

I suscribed me into this newsletter to receive each videos from this website
    But i don’t receive any notifications!!!

• Profile photo of Vanessa Vargas Wilson
      Vanessa Vargas Wilson July 19, 2015 at 3:32 pm #

Your email does not appear in my email newsletter list. If you signed up and didn’t click the confirmation link in the email you were sent then you were never added. You can try it again.

6. Antoinette Valla October 11, 2015 at 6:02 pm #

so happy I found your web sight again. Have missed so much your weekly We’d. tutorials, since I changed my Email carrier. Enjoyed your little bowls tutorial, I know I’m going to make lots of them, they are so cute and so easy to make. You give lots of ideas and I need that.

1. NEW Hand Embroidery Video Tutorial Series! - Crafty Gemini - July 27, 2015

[…] {P.S.- If you want to learn how to make the fabric baskets featured in this video tutorial, click HERE.} […]

2. Quilt Therapy - March 29, 2016

[…] “Reversible Round Basket” Free Quilt Project Tutorial designed by Vanessa Vargas Wilson … […]