Reusable Market Tote Bag -Video Tutorial

reusable market tote bag

You can never have too many tote bags, right?!

Let’s just say I love making functional projects. And what is more functional than a reusable market tote bag?! This bag has so many uses! I like to keep a few in my car and purse. Great for grabbing your goodies from the farmer’s market or bagging your food at the grocery store without having to buy those pricey reusable bags they sell that start to fall apart at the seams after a few uses. These are not only strong and washable but they are cute, too! Oh, and did I mention they fold up into a little square? Yea. I did that.

The tote goes from this…

reusable market tote crafty gemini creates

to this….

folded up market tote bag crafty gemini creates

Into a nice compact little square for easy storage anywhere!

I used Geo Pop Canvas by Emmie K for Robert Kaufman Fabrics. They come in the cutest prints and the fabric is a dream to work with. Get some here.

I used a really fun and easy technique with grosgrain ribbon to finish off the handles. The response has been overwhelmingly positive so I’m confident you will like it too. Click here to watch the tutorial.

Enjoy the tutorial!

{P.S.- I teamed up with Missouri Star Quilt Company to bring you a FREE video tutorial every single Wednesday! Awesome, right? Well be sure to SUBSCRIBE to the new channel so you don’t miss any of them! Click here and then click the SUBSCRIBE button you see on that page. }

, , , , , , , ,

7 Responses to Reusable Market Tote Bag -Video Tutorial

1. Bobbie Campbell July 13, 2015 at 12:50 pm #

LOVE,LOVE this tutorial. Bright,colorful and fun,easy. Thanks.

2. Dora July 20, 2015 at 10:17 am #

I adore this bag. Since viewing your tutorial, I have made three. I gave one to a girl friend and she loves it! The first one that I made, I used the same fabric that you used. The colors are so vibrant, it makes the bag pop! Thank you for sharing!!

3. Kristy July 30, 2015 at 6:46 pm #

Thanks for the wonderful tutorial. I just finished my first one, and I love it! I can hardly wait to take it on my next shopping adventure. I’m also going to be making a number of these bags for wedding and Christmas gifts!

4. carol September 3, 2015 at 11:02 pm #

This bag is so cute. I am checking out your YouTube videos to find some Christmas presents I want to make. Thank you for all the videos.

5. Gayle September 12, 2015 at 1:36 pm #

Great instruction. Clearly demonstrated!

6. Carolyn Frahm June 30, 2016 at 12:09 pm #

I made 18 of these bags for the 4th grade class kids I help for a last day of school gift. All were made out ot the fabric you used in different patterns. However, I did not like the white elastic for the closure so I used the pony tail holder elastic, hid the ends and thought it gave it a sturdier and more finished looked which for children would be helpful. Pattern is easy, still took a while to do that many but “Grandma” was happy to share them with children and aides. Thank you for inspiring me to do crafts at 75 it is so fun.

• Susan Denney December 15, 2016 at 9:49 pm #

I’m 70, and do a lot of sewing. This has been my life! Kudos to you!! I love watching her videos, and still learn because of them. We’re never too old.