Twist 10 Table Runner Tutorial with Jenny Doan of Missouri Star Quilt Co

twist 10 table runner with MSQC

Today I get to share with you another quilting tutorial I filmed with Jenny Doan of Missouri Star Quilt Company! A few months ago I had the opportunity to visit Hamilton, Missouri (MSQC headquarters) and filmed a few videos with Jenny. The first tutorial was released a few weeks ago on the MSQC YouTube channel. It was for my Improv Tote Bag. You can click here to check it out.

Today’s project is called my Twist 10 Table Runner. It’s a quick and easy paper pieced project I hope you’ll enjoy!

This project requires a template for the Twist 10 block. I have provided it for you here to download/print. Just click on the image below for the PDF file.

twist 10 table runner paper piecing template

Remember that you will need to print out as many copies as you plan to make blocks. In foundation paper piecing you will stitch on each template as you create the block so it won’t be reusable. I used 6 blocks that I printed on newsprint. My favorite newsprint to use is this one.

There are a lot of different paper options for foundation paper piecing (i.e.- regular printer paper, phonebook pages, pattern paper, tissue paper, newspaper, etc.) use what works for you. I like this newsprint because it’s inexpensive and makes tearing off the paper super easy.

If you’re new to paper piecing and have no idea where to start. Check out my beginner paper piecing video tutorial HERE.

Give the project a try and if you do, be sure to upload pictures to my Facebook page and/or tag me on Instagram (@craftygemini) or use #craftygemini. I love to see your work!

CLICK HERE (OR BELOW) TO WATCH THE VIDEO TUTORIAL!

25 Responses to Twist 10 Table Runner Tutorial with Jenny Doan of Missouri Star Quilt Co

1. Loralye February 9, 2015 at 9:49 am #

It is a real pleasure to watch the two of you together! Nothing says good morning better then watching a FUN & interesting collaboration between two such energetic woman! Thank you so much for sharing this with me. ~hugs & Blessings to you both!~

• Peggy Giese February 9, 2015 at 5:10 pm #

Fully agree!

• Anna sterling December 10, 2016 at 12:00 pm #

Well I am in Australia almost 4 am now loved the toturial will do it to day ever beverage. …..Anna

2. Sandra McFerran February 9, 2015 at 11:20 am #

..Simple, fun and certainly well explained … Thank you so much

3. LisM February 9, 2015 at 11:38 am #

Thank you so much! I enjoyed watching you ladies work together. The demonstration of paper-piecing was very helpful. I would love to see more!

4. Sharon Leach February 9, 2015 at 12:17 pm #

I so enjoy both of you.

5. Peggy Giese February 9, 2015 at 5:10 pm #

Fully agree!

6. Sarah February 9, 2015 at 11:11 pm #

I enjoyed watching you both

7. Heide February 10, 2015 at 6:52 am #

Love you two together! Another fun project, can not wait to give it a try. Thanks Ladies. Hope you have plans to do more projects together.

8. K A S February 10, 2015 at 10:07 pm #

How much fun to watch you”ll together : -) !!!! Thanks !

9. Jeanna February 10, 2015 at 11:03 pm #

Love the tutorial. I am a beginner quilter and I think this will be my next project!!! Thanks for sharing!!!

10. Ginger February 11, 2015 at 2:20 pm #

Such an exciting video of you Vanessa and Jenny Doan! So peppy and happy sewing! Loved it!
    I have never tried paper piecing before, but really want to try it now!

Thanks so much!

11. boot camp wellington somerset February 16, 2015 at 10:44 pm #

Hey I ɑm so deligɦted I found your web site, I really found you by mistake, while I was searching on Aol for something else,
    Anyways I am here now and would just like to saү
    thank you for ɑ гemarkable pߋst and a all round exciting blog (I also love the theme/design), I don’t hɑve time to browse іt all at the minute but I have book-marked
    it and alsօ added your RSS feeds, so when I have timе I will be back to read much more,
    Please do keep up the awesome jo.

12. Kendra February 18, 2015 at 7:08 pm #

They were so much fun to watchan those two minds work great together. How can you go wrong watching these Two great women together. I have learned so much from Jenny and I have seen past shows of Vanessa and she is so talented. You two keep up this fantastic, playful, energetic,fun learn tutorials. High 5 Ladies!!!!

13. Sheri MacKay February 23, 2015 at 1:12 pm #

thank you for the imfo….I’m new at quilting but I love to see new things, and the tutorials such a help because you can go back to them over and over until one gets it right.I need all the help I can get,lol

14. Pat April 3, 2015 at 12:40 pm #

Hi girls: I have been watching Jenny’s video for a while now, but this morning stumbled upon Vanessa’s coater set video which I wanted to introduce my granddaughter (age 8) to. As I was watching Vanessa I am thinking, this person should hook up with Jenny Doan and start giving tutorials together …. and long behold, a few clicks later here and there, stumbled upon Twist 10 Table runner and just ‘magically’ see them both together – how wonderful is that!!!

Keep up the good work. You guys are awesome, clarity, creativity, productivity and just overall enjoyable experience. Thanks a bunch.

15. Peggy willis April 25, 2015 at 1:22 pm #

Where can I purchase inter form plus by Vogel foam and fiber?

16. Tian May 26, 2015 at 3:20 pm #

This looks like so much fun and so easy. I am not a quilter (yet!), but found the video very informative.Thanks for sharing.

17. Diana Kastelic July 19, 2015 at 7:22 pm #

Great project, thanks for the tutorial! I find with paper piecing that the paper takes up some “space” at the outside edges of the block. To ensure you don’t lose your points (not as important in this project as in some with very complex blocks such as a “Mariner’s Compass” block), I suggest trimming from the RIGHT SIDE of the block when finished. This way you will be sure to have at least a 1/4″ allowance before reaching the points… it’s better to have more, because a “floating” star looks much better than one where the points have been lost into the less-than-enough seam allowance. Of course I learned this the hard way … so learn from my mistakes!!

18. Sandra October 9, 2015 at 7:19 pm #

Enjoy watching you both. Excellent instructors/teachers. When I am not quilting. I am watching tutorials. Keep up the good work.

19. Carol November 29, 2015 at 5:20 am #

I look forward to your news letter and video you make things easy to do my friend has just stated to do patchwork so I put her on to crafty Gemini it has helped her a lot Thanks carol from aussie

20. Margaret November 29, 2015 at 2:03 pm #

I watched, and watched, think I finally get it. Makes
    Me want to start on one Soon!

21. Beatrix May 13, 2016 at 10:11 am #

Interesting video, however the only thing I can print out is the templet…now where are there directions with the remaining information.

Jenny always has a full set pattern with directions that can be printed out.

1. Crafty Gemini and Jenny's Paper-piecing video - February 10, 2015

[…] leo What video is this ? Have I missed one ? Please can you post a link to it ? Annika Twist 10 Table Runner Tutorial with Jenny Doan of Missouri Star Quilt Co – Crafty Gemini K is for Karen "Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the […]

2. ModBlock Magazine & a Quilting Retreat with Missouri Star Quilt Co. - Crafty Gemini - February 11, 2015

[…] the Improv Tote that basically sold out all In-R-Form Plus everywhere! Then yesterday I posted my Twist 10 Table runner video tutorial. I also interviewed Jenny Doan on camera for you in this post.  Now, I’m sharing some more […]