ModBlock Magazine & a Quilting Retreat with Missouri Star Quilt Co.

modblock magazine cover missouri star quilt co

By now you’ve probably seen the video tutorials I collaborated with Missouri Star Quilt Company on. There was the Improv Tote that basically sold out all In-R-Form Plus everywhere! Then yesterday I posted my Twist 10 Table runner video tutorial. I also interviewed Jenny Doan on camera for you in this post.  Now, I’m sharing some more fun and exciting news!

improve tote jennifer paganelli good company free spirit fabrics

Improv Tote made with Good Company by Jennifer Paganelli for FreeSpirit Fabrics.

The Improv Tote project we did a tutorial on is featured in a new special edition of BLOCK magazine called ModBLOCK. ModBLOCK is the modern version of the super popular BLOCK magazine published by Missouri Star Quilt Co. The magazine is really more of a book. It’s crazy good quality. It features 10 fun modern quilting projects complete with pictures, diagrams, and pattern instructions and there are no (none, zip, zero) advertisements. Get this, the price is just $5.99. Amazing value for your $$.

You can order it in a hard copy book or get the digital version.

CLICK TO ORDER YOUR COPY!

improv tote by crafty gemini

My Improv Tote bag.

In more amazing Missouri Star Quilt Company news… Jenny Doan and I are hosting a joint quilting retreat this Fall! We are actually hosting two retreats but the first one sold out before I could even announce it! If visiting Missouri Star Quilt Co. headquarters is on your bucket list this will be the perfect event for you to attend. You’ll get to meet me and Jenny, take classes with us, crack jokes, laugh, eat and quilt together in their gorgeous new retreat center. Spaces are limited so once it’s filled up that’s it! Get all the details and reserve your spot by clicking HERE.

CLICK TO RESERVE YOUR SPOT TODAY!

I had the chance to stay at the retreat center a few months ago and it is gorgeous! Here are a few pictures I snapped while I was there. {Sorry they’re a little dark. I took these with my phone.}

2014-12-07 09.58.39

MSQC Retreat center kitchen.

2014-12-07 08.28.15

MSQC Retreat Center sewing and eating area.

2014-12-07 08.29.34

One of the rooms at the MSQC Retreat Center.

2014-12-07 08.30.04

Bathrooms at MSQC Retreat Center.

Hope to meet you in person this Fall!

Let me know if you are planning to attend the retreat and if you got your copy of ModBLOCK magazine!

11 Responses to ModBlock Magazine & a Quilting Retreat with Missouri Star Quilt Co.

1. Vicki Hair February 11, 2015 at 11:55 am #

Looks great and I’ll definitely snap up a copy of ModBlock. Such a shame I live over 1500 miles away or I’d be at the retreat!

2. Kelley H February 11, 2015 at 11:57 am #

LOVE your tote and the fabric you chose! I love the ModBlock and hope MSQ publishes more! All of the projects are right up my alley! Congrats on this publication Vanessa!!

3. Lisa C February 11, 2015 at 12:46 pm #

Now you are making me jealous I can’t go to a retreat.

4. Flor Chavarria February 11, 2015 at 12:50 pm #

maybe if I start saving pennies now, next year If I’m still breathing,…..It would take a good $1,500.00 for me to go. A dream

5. Laurie February 11, 2015 at 12:52 pm #

If we already subscribe to BLOCK will we be receiving ModBlock or do we need to purchase it separately, here?

6. Kathie W February 11, 2015 at 1:13 pm #

I just talked to MSQC as I had a question if the ModBlock Magazine is part of my subscription to Block Magazine. Just an FYI for everyone, this is a new magazine that they are testing to see if there is any interest so that they may start another subscription :-)! Their magazines are amazing and the subscriptions make it so easy!
    Looking forward to the retreat in August and receiving my new ModBlock Magazine . . .

7. Kathie W February 11, 2015 at 1:15 pm #

Oh, and the ModBlock magazine has to be ordered separately as it is not part of the Block Magazine subscription . . . sorry if I was unclear.

• Cindy Urbanek February 16, 2015 at 4:46 pm #

I love my Block Magazine subscription and now I look forward to MOD Block. This 1st issue is wonderful. If continued I will be one of the first to subscribe as I belong to the modern quilt guild. I will be at Quiltcon this coming Saturday in Austin and can’t wait to meet the Missouri Star group.

8. Kathryn Frederick February 11, 2015 at 8:31 pm #

I cannot believe that I’m actually going to meet you but Jenny too! I started seeing/quilting just a few years ago. You and Jenny were my go to videos on how to. Now I’m going to a retreat with not one but two!!

9. QLT812 February 14, 2015 at 8:33 pm #

Thanks for the tutorial Vanessa and for the first time I’m eager to get started to do the paper piecing!

10. Tonyasews April 25, 2015 at 2:56 pm #

4 of us are coming from Texas for the second week retreat. So excited! Love the excitement you both share when you are doing tutorials. Can’t wait to be with you in person!