How to Make a Quilted Cell Phone Cozy- Video Tutorial

quilted cell phone cozy video tutorial

Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays to you all! I have spent the last two days in bed with the chills and a sore throat trying to fight off whatever my kids tried to pass off on me. But I’m happy to say that after sleeping it off and taking all kinds of natural home remedies including cayenne pepper and raw apple cider vinegar cocktails, fermented cod liver oil, and teas made with every kind of leaf my mom has in her garden I am back in business. So here is a new video tutorial for you!

This quilted cell phone (or smart phone) cozy is a super quick and easy project. Very beginner friendly! And probably my favorite because it’s great for busting those scraps! Take out your scrap bin and start whipping these up for those loved ones you haven’t given a gift to! Don’t worry. I won’t tell them you just made it. {Shhh.}

quilted cell phone cozy tutorial

You can embellish your cozy any way you want, leave it plain, add contrasting stitch lines, appliqués, embroidery, etc. The sky is the limit! And it’s such a small project you will still get that instant gratification that we so often look for in a new project.

I hope you love this video tutorial! Give it a try and if you do, upload pics to my Facebook page so I can admire your work! Let me know what you think of the tutorial below. Thanks!

Now I’ll leave you with the video tutorial below. You can also click HERE to view it if it doesn’t show up below.  Happy sewing!

, , , , , , , , , , , ,

7 Responses to How to Make a Quilted Cell Phone Cozy- Video Tutorial

1. brigitte December 27, 2014 at 2:29 pm #

it seems to be as easy to make as the dish carrier you proposed (I made it with help of the video)
    thanks for all

2. pat December 27, 2014 at 10:30 pm #

Hi….
    I just watched the video of your new yearly group. I wanted to sign up for the monthly amount of $9.99 but I do an not see a sign up anywhere…..can I sign up some how at that rate and where the heck is the sign up paper??????

I watch your shows often….this would help me get all the info!!!!

Help help help

Pat

• Profile photo of Vanessa Vargas Wilson
      Vanessa Vargas Wilson December 29, 2014 at 10:46 am #

Hi Pat. Thanks for your interest in my new Quilt Club. The pre-sale opportunity ran for 6 days and expired on 12/24/2014 at midnight EST. The link was included in the emails I sent out to my newsletter followers and it is also included in the video description box of the video you viewed. Right now you can only sign up at the regular price on a monthly or yearly basis. You can read the info and sign up here: http://cgquiltclub.kajabi.com/sp/34107-crafty-gemini-quilt-club

3. Wendy December 30, 2014 at 6:46 am #

Just made this today for my son for his first phone he got for Xmas so perfect timing. Used some skateboard and basketball fabric I had left over, he loves it! Thank you!

4. Victoria May 17, 2015 at 9:51 pm #

I have now made several cell phone koozies…..my friends love them too. They are so cute and practical.

5. Leslea January 2, 2016 at 7:58 pm #

Hi, This is Leslea, I got new phone for late xmas and it is Samsung Galaxy S6 edge + , How much fabric do i need cut and etc? I am not sure bout this. I am deaf lady

1. Handmade Holidays Nov. 6: Gifts for Tech Lovers | Sew Mama Sew | Outstanding sewing, quilting, and needlework tutorials since 2005. - November 6, 2015

[…] has a cell phone these days! You can toss it in a bag with abandon, as long as it’s in this Quilted Cell Phone Cozy from Crafty […]