Custom Baby Onesie – DIY Video Tutorial

{Disclosure: I am a paid consultant for Brother International Corporation and have received a ScanNCut to demo and review. As always, all opinions are entirely my own and based on my personal experience with the product.}

Yay! It’s finally time for me to post my first Brother Scan N Cut tutorial for you!

I’m going to show you how easy it is to make your own custom baby onesies.  A little liquid dye and and a cupcake applique design really make a plain white onesie look like you paid big bucks for it at a baby boutique.

I’ve included some pictures of the process here for you but you can find the complete step-by-step video tutorial HERE.

Download my cupcake design for free here: http://bit.ly/1gZVRll

Enjoy!

What a difference a little fabric and dye can make!

Take plain white onesies to another level with some dye!

The Brother Scan N Cut allows you to make the most of your fabric scraps!

I use embroidery thread to machine applique the cupcake. That sheen in the thread really helps the applique pop!
Now, I’ll leave you with the video tutorial so you can start making your own custom onesies!

8 Responses to Custom Baby Onesie – DIY Video Tutorial

1. Amanda September 25, 2013 at 11:19 am #

What kind of applique sheets do you use?

2. Linda September 25, 2013 at 1:58 pm #

Thanks for the great video. Linda@Wetcreek Blog

3. Madeline Savarin September 25, 2013 at 2:08 pm #

Love the video Vanessa!

4. Speattle September 26, 2013 at 2:01 am #

I have 4 grandkids 3 years and under. I think I need this machine! Thanks for the tutorial. BTW, Loved seeing you over at the Brother ScanNcut website too.

Oh, can you tell me what is the brand and type of tiny iron I see you using in a lot of your videos? Where can I get one?

5. Mosaic Magpie September 26, 2013 at 7:07 am #

Cute design and great video!
    Deb

6. Anonymous November 18, 2013 at 12:46 pm #

loved it!!!! what fabrics did you use for the aplique? is there a problem using a non stretchy fabric to the aplique if the onesie is stretchy? tks a lot!

7. Anonymous January 19, 2014 at 9:15 pm #

I have ordered mine and I would like to know if you can use vilsofix applique paper in the mavchine

1. Scan N Cut is now for sale! - Crafty Gemini - December 1, 2014

[…] throughout the next several months.  The first one is already live and you can check it out HERE.  Just a brief overview of what this machine is about: • It’s a cutting and scanning machine […]