New product sneak peek!

Would you believe me if I told you I made this patchwork pillow without using any rulers or a rotary cutter?! Well, it’s true! Precision cut patchwork pieces = perfectly matching points! All done with a new {amazing} machine that’s about to hit the market.

Brother International Corporation™ is introducing the first home and hobby cutting machine with a built-in scanner!  It’s called the ScanNCut.

I’ve been playing around with the ScanNCut for a bit and I have to say I am very impressed with what it can do. I mean, really, it cut out every single patchwork piece I used to create this pillow to the perfect size. No rulers. No rotary cutter. No Scissors. Impressive.

Interested in learning more about the ScanNCut machine be sure to sign up for the newsletter HERE so you’ll be the first to get the latest updates and 411 on the machine’s official launch!

What are your initial reactions to this machine? Curious about it?

12 Responses to New product sneak peek!

1. Mosaic Magpie August 27, 2013 at 6:50 am #

How cool is that! When we think there is nothing new in sewing something like this comes along. Thanks for the info, sounds like a great present to ask Santa for!
    Deb

2. Marlene Rice August 27, 2013 at 10:12 am #

hmm…. for me personally , no , I don’t think I’d be interested in owning that.

3. Goldogmom August 27, 2013 at 10:34 am #

sounds nice for patchwork products with a lot of small or smaller pieces. But the cost will be the key issue. So far, this type of machine have been priced too high for me. But if I owned one, I think I would do more pieced projects with the cutting step done more easily. So I’ll watch the price.

4. Pamela Kerwin August 27, 2013 at 10:52 am #

I love it and your pillow, but price with dictate whether I love it that much. What is the fabric you used on the pillow?

5. Mark Mulder August 27, 2013 at 12:00 pm #

So if I am understanding you correctly this machine will cut the fabric without the Dies that the other machines use and make you invest in? If that’s correct it would be worth taking a deeper look at…..way to go Brother!

6. Anonymous August 27, 2013 at 1:12 pm #

How much different than the Slice is it?

7. Pam Quiltaholic Biswas August 27, 2013 at 3:22 pm #

sounds good. Hope it does not require purchase of dies or cartridges or other technical term for costly pieces.

8. Barbara OC August 30, 2013 at 8:48 am #

Don’t think it is something I would use. I enjoy every aspect of making a quilt, even though sometimes I do use pre-cuts.

9. Anonymous August 31, 2013 at 12:21 pm #

It seems very similar to a cricket. Do you know what the approximate price is and if it will cut paper?

1. Brother ScanNCut Sneak Peek #3 - Crafty Gemini - December 1, 2014

[…] about the new Brother™ ScanNCut that’s coming out then you already know it will cut out precise patchwork pieces for making quilt blocks and also allows me to scan in my original applique designs to embellish just about anything I want. […]