Elastic Hair Ties- DIY Video Tutorial

This week I’m back with the easiest video tutorial I’ve ever posted. I’m not kidding. Once you see what goes into making these comfy and cute elastic hair ties you are going make dozens of them!

You’ve probably seen them in beauty shops, boutiques or online shops like Etsy. They are cute but quite pricey! I’ve seen a set of three hair ties for as much as $9.99.  Not gonna happen. Here’s a quick DIY price comparison: I can make four of these for about $1.00.

All you need is FOE {fold over elastic} and your hands! I get my FOE in bulk from HERE.

Let me know what you think of this DIY project. So ridiculously easy, right?

Click HERE to watch the video tutorial.
Online Jewelry Making Classes

, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

8 Responses to Elastic Hair Ties- DIY Video Tutorial

1. Ann Bassett July 11, 2013 at 4:26 pm #

Wow. What a great idea. You are super clever.

2. Linda July 14, 2013 at 10:13 pm #

Super idea. Now to buy FOE. Thanks, Aunt Linda

3. Carolina February 18, 2015 at 8:13 pm #

Hy Friend ! Where can i get this elastic band in Wholesale by internet ?Thanks for your video im from Venezuela.

THERE I LEAVE YOU MY PAGE ON INSTAGRAM, THATS MY BRAND ROLA @MundoRola
    THANKS

Hope you can help me

Carolina Lopez

4. Cindy Jo June 21, 2015 at 7:10 am #

I can’t find a link for sharing or for where to buy the elastic. I want to teach this to my granddaughter. Thank you for taking the time to make all the videos you make for us,

5. Karen W January 5, 2016 at 10:05 pm #

These are great! I will making some for my daughter!

6. Sharon Wilson October 10, 2016 at 12:37 am #

Love it! I have so many patterns for hair ties. I have ideas for your sore muscles from sewing, stress, and working out. You’e doing great. I made rice packs for my daughter to put on her legs at night. Rice packs made with her left over stretch denim and brushed denim pants. I also made rice packs with socks to go around the neck. Rice packs can be used hot (microwave) and cold (throw them in the freezer). The problem is my daughter loans them out–now sh is out!. No worries, I have lots of old jeans! It pays to be frugal.