Hey quilters! I know I haven’t posted a quilting tutorial in a while but rest assured I am working on a few to bring you in the coming weeks. In the meantime… I’m bringing you info (and a giveaway, of course!) on my friend, Ebony Love’s new must-have book- The Big Little Book of Fabric Die Cutting Tips.
If you have any kind of die cutting system you have probably come across her video tutorials. If you haven’t and are looking for ideas, inspiration, tips & tricks check them out here.
|Author, Ebony Love|
I have had my fabric die cutting system for 2 yrs now- the AccuQuilt Go! It’s easy to use but early on I found myself looking for info on reducing fabric waste, how to cut through multiple layers with no shifting, making the cutting mats last longer, etc. After some research, there was NOTHING on the internet. NOTHING. Every few months I would do another search until I finally found Ebony! So, you can imagine my excitement when she told me she was writing this book with EVERYTHING the die cutting quilter needs to know.
I had the opportunity to review the book and I think it is the must-have book for any die cutting quilter!
It’s a spiral bound book with a whopping 256 pages! It is jam packed with INFO. This is NOT a book of projects. The book tells you everything about the die cutting systems on the market right now. From how many dies each manufacturer puts out each year to the warranty info on each manufacturer.
You can read a full 16-page excerpt from the book with the complete table of contents by clicking HERE.
But my favorite part has to be the little question & answer boxes that you will find throughout the book. The questions are asked and answered in plain English and they all answer great questions you may already have. Here is one quick example directly from the book:
These little boxes are everywhere in the book and offer great insight and guidance. I love them!
The book can be purchased directly from Ebony because she self-published this book! Go Girl! You can click HERE for the info.
GIVEAWAY TIME: One random winner will be selected to win a copy of The Big Little Book of Fabric Die Cutting Tips.
TO ENTER: Leave a comment below telling me why you want to win the book.
DEADLINE: Saturday, Nov. 3, 2012 at 11:59PM EST.
Check out the other stops on the blog tour some are also offering giveaways: Click HERE to read the blog tour recap.
- October 16th – Ebony Love, LoveBug Studio
- October 17th – Jennifer Rodriguez, All Things Belle
- October 18th – Marjorie Busby, Marjorie’s Quilting Bee
- October 19th – Michelle Marr, Michelle’s Romantic Tangle
- October 20th – Tammy Tutterow, Sizzix Blog
- October 21st – Patsy Thompson, Patsy Thompson Designs
- October 22nd – Tracy Rampling, The Peony Teacup
- October 23rd – Mary Fons, Hey Quilty!
- October 24th – Barb Gaddy, Bejeweled Quilts
- October 25th – Katrina Chapman Kahn, Sunshower Quilts
- October 26th – SewCal Gal, Insights from SewCalGal
- October 27th – Vanessa Wilson, The Crafty Gemini (that’s me!)
- October 28th – Kelly Jackson, I Have a Notion
- October 29th – Connie Campbell, Freemotion By the River
- October 30th – Gene Black, An Alabama Quilter
- October 31st – Ebony Love, LoveBug Studios
- November 1st – Book Launch on Amazon! Click HERE to get your copy.)