How to Square up a Quilt

It’s finally here!  The last video tutorial in my Video Quilt Along series. Phew!
We have been through a lot these past few months, eh?
The number of participants who joined in on the quilty fun is overwhelming! A global and multicultural group from countries like Australia, UK, Singapore, India, Latin America and more! Many of you have never made a quilt block before so I applaud you for taking on the challenge and going for it!
The pictures we have seen on my Facebook page are A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! It’s so much fun to see how different the quilts are even though most of the blocks are similar. Color choices from all over the color wheel, a variety of bold prints and some even used different types of fabric and the end result is always a beautifully handmade quilt. Check out the pictures by scrolling down HERE.
If you are new to my blog (welcome!) and don’t know what I’m talking about.  My Video Quilt Along is a 16-part series on how to make an entire quilt from start to finish. You can access the entire series HERE.
Watch How to Square up a Quilt tutorial below. Remember you need to be reading this on my actual blog to see the embedded video, not just in your email box.
The rulers I like to use to square up my quilts are:
Omnigrid Quilter’s Square 9.5″ x 9.5″: http://amzn.to/LgDVC6
Omnigrid Quilter’s Square 12.5″ x 12.5″: http://amzn.to/JOUSss
Omnigrid Quilter’s Ruler 4″ x 14″: http://amzn.to/KqRmWE
I’m still working on my Video Quilt Along quilt and will let you know once it’s done. Right now it’s on my longarming frame as you can see…
(Studio sneak peek! What do you think?! I’m almost done.)
I will post a video tour once it’s all done.
Thanks again for your support!
I love pins!

10 Responses to How to Square up a Quilt

1. Judith June 5, 2012 at 12:42 am #

It looks like a sweet quilt….Lovely…Judith, Texas

2. Farid aka BIG MOMMA June 5, 2012 at 1:15 am #

Lovely colours [the quilt on wall] – I looiiikkkkeeeeee

3. beebee June 5, 2012 at 6:52 pm #

Love your studio. Wish I had a bigger room.
    Can’t wait to see your finished studio.

4. www.welovequilting.com June 5, 2012 at 10:54 pm #

I LOVE EVERYTHING.. The colors and the way you have thing set up. PERFECT

5. Clever Blonde -Donna G June 6, 2012 at 6:31 am #

Your quilt looks great. I like the soft blue sashing, just the inspiration I’ve been needing. I have stalled because I couldn’t choose a colour for my sashing. Think I’ll go with a baby pink or green. Thank you so very much Vanessa. I’m so glad I joined your Quilt Along. I’ve learned so much, stuff that will be with me for the rest of my sewing life.

6. Rejina Tyson June 12, 2012 at 11:11 am #

The studio is looking so amazing! I can’t believe you did that all on your own. Then again, I can. 😉 It’s beautiful.

7. Debi (MeMa) July 15, 2012 at 2:15 pm #

I love your new studio. I have been keeping up with your designs and work in creating it. I too have taken a bedroom and turned it into a bedroom/craft room for sewing and creating. I have made a couple of small quilts (baby size) and used my sewing machine. My question is,How can I use my regular sewing machine to quilt and bind a larger size quilt?

8. Anonymous November 20, 2013 at 4:45 pm #

Have enjoyed your tutorials–hope you continue!

9. mary ellen June 25, 2015 at 1:25 pm #

Very helpful

10. Maureen July 27, 2016 at 11:01 am #

Very helpful for me as I’m a new quilter and trying to learn. Thank you for your thoughtfulness in posting this.