Beginning Sewing Series- Pajama Pants- Video #3

Yay!  My beginner sewing series is complete!  I just finished editing and posting Part 3.  In this third part of the series I show you how to sew up the pants, creating a waistband casing, insert and secure the elastic and even how to hem the pants! This is the perfect beginner project.

If you have been following along you should now be able to make a really cute pair of pajama/lounging pants all by yourself from start to finish.  If you have not and are interested in getting your own copy of Simplicity 2290 pattern, it can be purchased HERE.

To watch the entire series simply click HERE to watch all three parts from start to finish.

6 Responses to Beginning Sewing Series- Pajama Pants- Video #3

1. Anonymous November 3, 2011 at 12:17 pm #

Thank you so much for making this sewing series. You explain everything so well in your videos! This week, I made a shopping cart cover and several bibs, all thanks to you :). Again thank you so much Vanessa!!

2. Jessica November 4, 2011 at 9:43 pm #

OMG Vanessa! Can I just start with I love you and everything you post! I’ve been sewing for years but all free hand stuff, I’m terrified of patterns (until today). I actually had this pattern on hand and have opened and closed it many times. I braved up and made my daughter a pair of light blue snowflake flannel pants. You made it SOOOOO easy and they turned out perfect! Now I’m off to make pair #2 with multicolored owl flannel. 🙂

3. Crafty Gemini November 4, 2011 at 9:46 pm #

Jessica: I am so glad to hear that! How funny that you already had the pattern on hand! LOL. It was meant to be. Thank you so much for posting your comment. I like to hear from my viewers to get feedback on my tutorials and style of instruction. I would love for you to post pictures to our Facebook page if you want. I like for other fans to see that they too can do it. Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/CraftyGemini

4. Susan Iezzi January 16, 2013 at 7:31 pm #

Hi I love your videos!!! I just made these pants. I measured myself and used the XL pattern for adults. The waist fits, the length is good but the legs are sooooo baggy. How do I fix this?

• Vanessa Wilson January 16, 2013 at 7:54 pm #

Hi Susan! That’s the style of the pants design. To adjust that you’d have to take the pants in on the side seams to whatever your desired leg width would be. Good luck!

• Susan Iezzi January 16, 2013 at 10:15 pm #

Thanks Vanessa 🙂 So should I rip out the seam or just sew up the inside seam?